7 Tips for Effective Communication with Your Customers
By Amy Smith
Your customers are your bread and butter. You can have a fantastic product or service, a great leadership team, superb employees, and you will still have nothing if you don’t have any customers. Effective customer communication is one of the best ways to ensure your future success. Not so long ago, there were just a few ways to communicate with customers. This was by in-person meetings, mail, and phone. Now, thanks to new technologies, customers can be reached on several different platforms.
Here are some of the most current ways to effectively communicate with your customers:
- WEBSITE: A website has become a necessity for almost any business. Regardless of industry, a website can have a big impact on its business. A well-designed website can help you form a good impression on your prospective customers. It can help you nurture your leads, create a database, and get more conversations. With a website, showcasing your brand to prospective customers can be one of the most important things you can do. In addition, once you are online and have an SEO-optimized website, you can increase the chances of showing up on Google search results. Your website is also a great tool to communicate to your current customer base.
- EMAIL: Business email can be an essential communication tool with employees, customers, subscribers, and stakeholders. Email can be used to compose, send and receive information quickly reaching many people at once through mass messaging. For example, you can reach your entire customer base, or potential customers, communicating new products or short-term value discounts. In addition, your customers can utilize email to communicate with you about positive reviews, concerns, or placing an order for one of your products.
- TEXT MESSAGING: Text message marketing can help a business communicate sales promotions, event invites, news and other relevant information to customers via SMS (Short Messaging Service) text messaging on a mobile device. Text message marketing can also have a more than average open and response rate. Essentially, text messaging can be a powerful way to get your business in front of customers – literally in the palm of their hands.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Social media has created a whole new way to interact with customers, giving your company the opportunity to connect and engage on a personal level with both current and potential customers. Communicating through social media can broadcast news or updates, post giveaways and promotional content to answer questions and address any concerns, and offer live-chat features. Using social media to communicate with your customers can be amazing for coming across as a reliable and personable business. In addition, you can cultivate personal relationships with your customers and then use this relationship to encourage sales.
- VIDEO MESSAGING: Video messaging can be used for sales presentations, promotional videos, live streams, product videos, and podcasts.
- PHONE CALLS or IN-PERSON VISITS: Call your customers or talk to them when they visit your shop, practice, or restaurant. See how they are doing, what products or services they liked or need assistance with. This gives you a firsthand option to see if other services you offer can help them. It lets them know you care about them and their experience with your business.
- HANDWRITTEN NOTES: In this day and age, a personal touch still goes a long way. One of the most effective ways to reach out to your customers personally is to occasionally send a handwritten note in the mail. Writing a simple thank-you can help build business relationships.
So, whether it’s an in-person meeting, or an email sent to thousands of current or potential customers, it’s important to remember that customer-brand relationships need to be nurtured similar to the same way you may nurture a friendship. Making your customers feel valued and considered can go a long way, resulting in long-term brand loyalty and continued overall success of your organization.
Learn how Welcome Wagon can help you create loyal customers with programs that welcome new movers to the neighborhood. Contact us for more info and get started!