By, Jennifer Troyan
In this month’s segment we wanted to share what some of our team does to spread joy and kindness. We invited our nationwide team to share some of the RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS they have done over the last couple of months.
What is a random act of kindness? Wikipedia has a great definition: A random act of kindness is a non-premeditated, inconsistent action designed to offer kindness towards the outside world.
Kindness can be the norm. Above are just a few of the random acts of kindness the team set about doing.
These are some of the acts:
- Wrote a great online review for a restaurant in her area
- Volunteered to help clean up a community pool to get ready for the summer
- Fed ducks & cat outside the home
- Donated to a go fund me page
- Fostering & supporting the Long Island Bulldog Rescue
- Refilling office coffee station
- Helped stock the local shelter with food items
- Helped bring in the trash bins of her new neighbor
- Donated to a non-profit organization
- Donated for Red Nose Day
- Walked & donated to Help Animal Rescue
- Put together hygiene packets for women in need
- Bought a drink for a stranger on a flight
Tips for kindness in the workplace from https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/:
(This is a great resource for helping you with ideas for kindness in the home, at school and in the workplace.)
7 Steps to Creating Kindness in the Workplace
The origin of the word culture comes directly from the Latin word cultura which means to grow or cultivate. Culture is key to a company’s success or failure. Creating a workplace where people feel connected, have a sense of purpose, and are appreciated and recognized for their contributions makes for a stronger, more successful organization.
This Kindness in the Workplace action planning guide includes seven key ingredients that make for a positive and kind culture where people want to show up and do their best:
- Setting a Tone
- Modeling Behavior
- Creating a Safe and Supportive Environment
- Strengths, Mistakes and Growth Mindset
- Trust, Boundaries and Belonging
- Communication and Collaboration
The best thing we can say is have fun with it and when you have the intention of kindness, the people in your environment will respond positively to it.
We have some great offers from local and national businesses that you can get/give to someone as a random act of kindness: https://directory.welcomewagon.com/